Monday, March 1, 2010

Haircut & A Cooking Lesson

This weekend I was running around town trying to knock things off of my ever increasingly long to-do list before the start of another work week. After the traditional stops at the bank and the grocery store, I stopped by the local salon to get a haircut. Unfortunately, so did everyone else in town.

While waiting for my named to be called, I checkout out the magazine selection. After passing on US Weekly and People, I was able to find the February issue of GQ. For the record, I am not a fashion person. Find me a good pair of khakis and a polo shirt and I am a happy man. However, given the other options, I was happy to check it out.

Passing over page after page of great suits and ads for every type of men’s fragrance imaginable, I came across the Food section. Yes, the Food section – I didn’t even know they had a Food section. So, I’m reading through all 8 pages of informative and easy to implement cooking tips. I never thought that this icon of men’s fashion also got to work in the kitchen. Thank you, GQ – keep up the good work! I love finding good food information in unexpected places.

Next time you are at the newsstand (or getting a haircut), pick up a copy of GQ and check out what they are wearing AND COOKING. They also have more food and cooking online at http://www.gq.com/food-travel. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment