Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Revenge of the Cupcake

In yesterday’s post, I ended with the line ‘Life is not all cupcakes, but life without cupcakes is no life for me.’ Someone must have been thinking the same thing at CNN to post the article, Cupcake Passion More Than a Trend (link below).

According to CNN reporter Sara Bonisteel, America’s love for the cupcake continues to grow through exposure in movies like “Sex and the City” and the expansion of great cupcake-focused bakeries around the country. Given my extended sampling of a few of these bakeries in my area – I can see why. All the taste of a great cake crafted by an expert baker in a smaller, single-serving, finger-fun size!

The cupcakes of today are not just for children’s birthday parties, either. These little delights are for kids of all ages. I have even seen the love for cupcakes taken in directions not even thought about years ago. Cupcakes in a Manhattan Board Room – been there. Cupcakes as a wedding cake – by the power vested in me, you may now enjoy the cupcake!

The creativity in flavors is off the chart too. Check out the link below for five crazy cupcakes and their respective bakeries. Next time I’m in Atlanta you better believe I am heading to the Atlanta Cupcake Factory for a Guinness Cupcake!

Cupcake Passion More Than a Trend - By Sara Bonisteel, CNN http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/wayoflife/03/23/cupcake.craze/index.html?hpt=C2

No comments:

Post a Comment