Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Top 5 Places for a Hot Dog

With the warmer weather coming and Spring Training being played, summer cannot be far behind. With summer comes time for one of my favorite foods – the hot dog. A simple classic, the hot dog is a food from my childhood that I have continued to love throughout my life. With that, here are my top 5 places to eat a hot dog.

5. On The Street
- Say what you want about ‘dirty water dogs’ – I love them. When I’m hanging out being a tourist, I love grabbing a dog and a bottle of water on the corner as I take in a city.

4. Rutt’s Hut
- In northern New Jersey, Rutt’s Hut is a local landmark known for their Rippers – a deep fried hot dog that rips open and crinkles when it cooks. Unhealthy and unbelievable!

3. My Backyard on Memorial Day
- Each year I host a barbecue and invite my friends over to gather around the grill and toast the coming summer. The grill is usually covered with burgers, steaks and veggies, but I always go with a hot dog because to me a good dog makes a backyard barbecue.

2. Long Beach Island
- There is nothing like a summer on the Jersey Shore and if you have ever been to Long Beach Island you know what I mean. As the expression goes, “if you are lucky enough to be at the beach, then you are lucky enough.” I love coming off the beach in the afternoon, enjoying a few dogs off the grill, then heading back for more sun and sand.

1. Yankee Stadium
- Summer is a dog at the Stadium, a draft beer, and a few good friends. From past years in the House that Ruth Built to last season in the new home across the street – I can’t wait to get back to the Bronx and hear the guys as they walk up and down the stands – “Hot Dog! Hot Dogs Here!” - while I'm watching the game. Even if you are not a Yankees fan, you have to admit there is nothing like a hot dog at a ball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment