Sunday, July 26, 2009

Five Most Interesting Things In My Fridge – Right Now

So, at the end of a great weekend, here are the five most interesting things currently in my fridge right now.

Fresh Cilantro – one of the best smells in a summer kitchen. This fresh herb is the key to great guacamole and pico de gillo.

Fresh Guacamole – I love fresh guacamole with chips as an appetizer or on top of a turkey burger. Unfortunately, it doesn’t last long. I’m hoping it stays in the fridge for another day so I can enjoy the rest tomorrow.

Left Over Spaghetti and Meat Balls – While many may not find this interesting, the red sauce was made from scratch using all fresh tomatoes from my garden. There is nothing like summer vine-ripened tomatoes from the garden.

Pineapple Steeped in Vodka – I had friends over for a barbecue this weekend so I steeped a pineapple in vodka. The results were great with the infused vodka being added to tonic water for a great summer cocktail. The pineapple chunks were killer.

White Chocolate Pop Corn – It doesn’t have to be refrigerated, but in the summer heat and humidity it is much better that way. This blend of salty and sweet is a unique taste and a great treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment