Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lobster Weekend

This weekend was a lot of things: Valentine’s Weekend, President’s Weekend, and at my house, Lobster Weekend. In my opinion, there is nothing like lobster. It can be very expensive, but I love it anyway. Every time I go to the grocery store, I pass the seafood section just to look in the tank and see what they are selling at per pound. To my luck, on Saturday afternoon they were on sale! I forgot what I was planning for dinner and quickly revised my weekend menu in my head.

With a smile I said, “Let me get two lobsters between a pound and a pound and a quarter each and don’t steam them.” Let the games begin!

Shrimp Stuffed Royal Lobster
This is my favorite way to prepare lobsters as it is simple to do and brings out the great taste of the lobster meat itself.
- 2 lobsters
- 12 large shrimps
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash onion powder
- Salt/pepper

Cook the shrimp fully in a skillet on the stove, remove from the heat to cool. Once cool, dice the shrimp, then combine with other ingredients (except lobsters) in a large bowl. Set stuffing mixture aside. Remove the lobsters from the refrigerator and place upside down on a cutting board. With a sharp, strong knife, cut the lobster in the center from head through the tail. Be sure to keep the lobster on one piece by not cutting the side of the shell against the cutting board. Clean the chest of the lobster under cold water removing the lungs and any other soft membranes found there.

Divide the stuffing mixture in half and stuff equal amounts in the body cavities of each lobster. Insert a bamboo stick into the lobster from the tail through the stuffing to the head (this will insure it remains flat while cooking). Remove bands and bake stuffing side up on a flat cookie sheet for 45 minutes at 365.

Serve with melted better for dipping and a side of mashed potatoes.

When you finish the meal, hold on to the shells and any remaining meat. Bag them separately and store them in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment