Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wine Review: Snap Dragon 2007 Cab

When shopping at the local wine store a few weeks ago a bottle with a colorful label and a great name -- "Snap Dragon" -- grabbed my attention. I didn't think I could go wrong with a 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon from California so I decided to add it to the cart. Also, given the more than reasonable price, I was happy to be adventurous with this new find. When a friend came over that weekend, we opened the new find and were pleasantly surprised by its depth and the flavor.

According to the company's web site, the wine has a flavor that is, "Fruit forward with cherry, blackberry and spice with hints of currant" that they recommend pairing with grilled steak or hearty roast beef. I served it to friends and paired it with great conversation and we all enjoyed it thoroughly.

Given the price and the flavor, I would recommend this table wine to anyone -- especially someone looking for a well-priced bottle.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment