Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Store in a Cool Dry Place

I love this blog because I can share the fun that I have in the kitchen – the successes and the…no so successes. This is in the second group.

As you know, some vegetables – potatoes, onions, etc. – are to be stored in a cool, dry place. It is not uncommon for those vegetables to begin sprouting roots if they have been stored too long. Last week I went into my pantry and was surprised by the sight on an onion that was trying to take over an entire shelf! After laughing for a while at it, I had to take a picture and share it. 

The Onion Gone Wrong!
Don’t worry, I didn’t throw it out. I actually planted it in my garden. We’ll see if this crazy onion gone wrong can grow into a healthy plant.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like one of the sweet potatoes I found in our kitchen after we returned from vacation!

    ReplyDelete