Monday, March 30, 2009

Wine Recommendation


Great food is even better when paired with a great wine. One of my favorites is a California Chardonnay called Night Harvest. The girl and often take it with us when we go for sushi and enjoy it at home with cheese, fruit and crackers.

The wine is made by the R.H. Phillips winery in Dunnigan Hills (Yolo County), which is located due east of Napa Valley across the Vaca Mountains. According to their web site (nightharvest.com/wines/chardonnay.asp), the wine is rich and smooth and “boasts lovely ripe pear and Golden Delicious apple aromas with lush, crisp flavors enhanced by hints of caramel and toasty oak.”

I had to quote that as I am still working to develop my wine sense and cannot come up with that on my own...yet. Bottom line – it is a great bottle at a reasonable price and I encourage you to check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment