Sunday, March 29, 2009

Five Most Interesting Things In My Fridge – Right Now

Here are the five most interesting things currently in my refrigerator. As you k now, this is a new blog and this is the first time I am trying this topic. A little bland this time, but to my defense, I am going away later this week. I am not going to be doing too much food shopping before going away. With that said, I’m sure there are going to be a few interesting posts from the trip.

So, here they are, the five most interesting things currently in my refrigerator:

Sliced Pepperoni: I’m a big fan because you can use these ns a lot of things from pizza to pasta dishes and a bunch of other things – get creative. For the record, if you have not made an omelet with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, you are missing out.

Fresh Tomatoes: I’m not giving an explanation for this one – if you do not have fresh tomatoes in your kitchen (whether on your counter as they should be or in the fridge as mine are because they need to be used soon), you are doing something wrong.

Café Du Monde Chicory Coffee: I have regular coffee too, but this is special. New Orleans is a magical place and I encourage everyone to experience the French Quarter. I drink my coffee black, but when I brew this peppery tasting blend I add milk and sugar and I am immediately transported back to NOLA. There is no doubt in my mind that a trip to New Orleans will change your life. I have had the pleasure of eating and drinking from one side of the town to the other and it has changed mine – each time I have done it.

Mango Lime Salsa: An acquired taste, but very interesting. I very good friend of mine brought this to the house the last time he came for dinner and I very much enjoyed it. Keep your mind open – try it.

Fat Free Cheese: I am married to a beautiful girl that has a thing for “fat free.” For some things it works, for things like cheese, I’m not so sure.

TDC

No comments:

Post a Comment