Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Making Lemonade

I was a professional working in a window office in Manhattan until I was downsized in January. While the current state of the economy is troubling everyone, you never truly understand it until you yourself are downsized. I remember the day it happened like it was yesterday, getting the call from HR then packing my desk into a box.

Since being downsized I have been working hard in my hunt for a new job. I have also taken some time to get back to some of the things that I love, including cooking. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade – that is the inspiration for this blog.

I do not have any professional training, just a passion to be in the kitchen. I learned from my mother growing up and have continued to explore new areas perfecting and creating new dishes. I have spent years cooking for my friends and family to rave reviews (although I will admit they are a bias audience).

In this blog, I will share my kitchen successes, failures, tips, stories and advice. I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you.

The Downsized Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment