Sunday, January 3, 2010

Here’s to 2010 – New Year’s Resolutions

With the new year off to a fresh start, I’m thinking of the things that I didn’t get to last year and the ways I want to improve myself in the future. I know, some people think New Year’s Resolutions are a bit of a joke, but I think they are a good way to keep yourself in check. Growing up, my father would joke that if we didn’t have a few resolutions for the new year, he would write them for us. So, before he jumps in with input, I want to share my 2010 New Year’s Resolutions.

Get Back to the Gym
Over the holiday I have renewed my love of chocolate, cheese, bacon and all the other foods that I normally keep in moderation. Not sure why it is, but each year during the holidays the concept of moderation goes out the window. This year, nothing crazy, but I need to get back to the gym and take a little more care in what I’m eating.

Take a Class
It has been a while since I have taken a cooking class and I need to get back to it. You can learn a great deal from books and the Internet, but there is something different about learning directly from an expert. I have taken a number of classes in the past and recommend them to everyone – never stop learning.

No More Toys
My family and friends know how much I love to cook so for each holiday and birthday they are happy to get me a new toy for the kitchen. Also, when I’m out shopping and see something new or something on sale, I can’t help myself. Now, I have a bunch of these kitchen items that I have barely used or not used at all. I need to use the toys and the tools that I have and keep from buying new things when I already have a kitchen full of them.

Explore French Cuisine
French food and cooking styles are some of the most important in the world and I will admit, I don’t know as much about them as I should or want to. In the coming year, I am going to work on this and explore this great area of food.

Blog More
I love writing about food nearly as much as I love cooking or eating it. If you follow my blog regularly, you have noticed gaps in when I’m writing new posts. I need to post more regularly and be more involved in the cooking community.

No comments:

Post a Comment