Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Snack Time!


Sunday afternoons in the fall usually mean wings, nachos and beer while watching football. This weekend, however, it was a little different. With my Eagles not kicking off until the evening, the girl and I decided to explore a local Italian market a friend recently told us about.

In a neighborhood filled with Italian culture, we were excited about exploring this well-known local place, but had no idea what we were in for. Its my understanding that Corrado's Market has been in business for over 50 years with two locations - Clifton and Wayne.

As soon as we entered we were taken aback be the giant cheese display that included fresh mozzarella being made right in front of you. The entire store continued to amaze with delicious I didn't even know existed. With smiles, we piled cheeses, cured meats and fresh pasta dishes into our cart. Like children we pointed different things out to each other and planned meals for the week.

When we got home we could not decide what to eat and decided to go with a little from column A and a little from column B.

With a glass of red wine we toasted our new find and the buffet of a snack ahead of us (see picture).

I love finding new places like that and will be back soon. I encourage you to check out Corrado's or explore your town for local stand-out places. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I was sad to see the birds lose last week (although I was asleep when they lost). I'm glad you're writing again!

    ReplyDelete