Friday, November 13, 2009

Pizza Night!

It’s Friday night and that can only mean one thing...Pizza Night. Now, living in the New York-metropolitan area, I would argue that we have the best pizza anywhere. Not that fast food pizza advertised on television – pizza made by the hands of local experts. While I do love local pizza, but I enjoy making my own more.

In the interest of time I most often but frozen dough at the grocery store and pull it out if the freezer that morning to defrost and rise so it’s ready that night. Pound it flat, perhaps toss it in the air a few times to show off to the girl and then cover with sauce and cheese. After about 15 minutes in a 450 degree oven you are all set! Doesn't get much easier than that.

Of course, making it at home also allows you to get creative with toppings and sauces. Here are my favorites:
- Margarita Garlic
- Presto & Chicken
- Roasted Red Pepper
- Mushroom & Onion
- BBQ Chicken
- Kitchen Sink

Next time you are thinking pizza, make your own and get creative. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Love pizza nite! :) And Calzone nite...when we cant get the dough to stretch enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh... I love NY pizza. It's worth all the hype! We use our pizza stone when we make pizza at home, but there's nothing like neighborhood pizza (that's what we call it at my house).

    ReplyDelete