Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Simple Things: Pesto Chicken Sandwiches

I just finished lunch and enjoyed a simple yet, great sandwich. A classic chicken sandwich (sliced chicken, American cheese, tomatoes and mayo) with one unique difference – pesto! When making the sandwich, I put a dab of mayo on the bread, then added another dab of pesto before spreading them both together. Simple step, but it made the flavor of this simple sandwich really pop! If I had the chance to do it over again however, I would have grilled it! A little butter on the outside of both slices of bread – just like a grilled cheese – then into a hot grill pan for a few moments on each side to heat through and get the classic Panini grill marks.

Funny thing – while I was eating lunch, I checked my email and saw a similar recipe in my inbox from Cooking Light. If you are not aware, Cooking Light sends a free, daily email list for new recipes and cooking tips for those who sign up. I subscribe to it and recommend it to everyone – like their magazine, the email is great. Check it out. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment