Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Creative Wine Names

When it comes to wine, I am no expert. I have my favorites and I know what my friends enjoy if they are coming over for dinner. I even have a few varieties that I go to when taking a bottle as a gift. Still, there are times when I see a wine with a unique label or a creative name and I have to add it to my cart. Recently, I have found this creativity reaching new heights and wanted to share a few names that have made me laugh – some have even surprised me turning out to be great wines.

-“Ass Kisser” Chardonnay, Australia
-“Earth, Zin & Fire” Zinfandel , California
-“Train Wreck” Cabernet Sauvignon, California*
-“Evil” Cabernet Sauvignon, Australia*
-“Cheap White Wine” Blended White, California
-“Mommy's Time Out” Pinot Grigio Blend, Italy
-“Fat Bastard” Shiraz, France*
-“7 Deadly Zins” Zinfandel, California*
-“3 Blind Moose” Chardonnay, California*
-“Herding Cats” Blended Red, Africa
*Wines that I have tried and enjoyed.

If you are at the store and see a label that makes you smile, give it a shot. The bottle may not only start a conversation, it may make you start enjoying a new wine. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment